Sunday, November 29, 2009

Myspace Problems?

Grrrr.... Spammers are really starting to piss me off. I set up my profile so you have to know either my Email or my Last name before you can send me an Invite, I did this to prevent spammer and lamers who make fake profiles from tryin to add me, and to keep my friends list to a minimum.. its not a popularity contest to me.. but.. somehow spammers are getting through.



i have been getting friend requests a LOT lately. I go to their profile to check them out only to find they are spammers. You know.. the profiles with ads and surveys to make money or the same ol bullshit about me profile "hey i have been hearing all the hype about myspace..blahblah... Im a college student....blah blah.. need money.. blah blah.. " so i mark them as spam, but its becoming a hassle. whats the point of setting my profile to need last name or email to send me an invite if these people can get through?can u check my profile for me adn try to add me.. see if your able to?also if u cant add me how are they?



Myspace Problems?

Hey April,



I tried to add you and myspace did request that I enter your last name or an e-mail address. I don't know how the spammers are making it through unless they like the hassle of making up addresses.



Take care.



Myspace Problems?

Haha. I see people complain constantly about spam mail on myspace. I never get any. Have you checked out the new spam set up? Go to account settings on your home page. There are settings there that allow you to set things up to make it harder for spammers. Also try truning off the online icon. Also spammers will find you by what you type in your page so a little trick I like to do is go to mytheme.com and use their drawing tool and open a blank image to which I add text for my interets and about me and then save to photobucket. That way its like picture instead and can't be picked up. Avoid opening spammers pages and be careful of befriending anyone who has tracker adds and crap on their page. If they are too stupid to deleted they are going to click on something else and cause problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Cats